Water retention in the body during the steroid cycle
Posted by cpaddon on May 21, 2017
One of the most common side effects from taking steroids is water retention. A sharp hydration of the cells leads to the fact that most of the recruited mass is not the muscles, but water. There are many reasons for that. This may be an individual intolerance to steroids and substances that are part of the cycle, and an incorrect combination of drugs. Anyone who picks up a cycle should know that, for example, methandrostenol leads to the formation of creatine phosphate pools in muscle tissues, and this causes hydration. The popular oxymetholone acts so that the muscle cell attracts water. The result is the same – the water retention.
Androgenic steroids are artificial hormones that act like natural male hormones produced by the human body. For the first time, steroids were created when there was a need to develop artificial testosterone. Anabolics perform both functions of androgens, and anabolics. So far, there are no such drugs that would specialize in anything. This causes a number of side effects. When selecting a bulking cycle, it is important to take into account the anabolic index (the amount of anabolic and androgen). Incorrect “entry” into the cycle can lead to the fact that muscle cells begin to retain water, which adversely affects the entire vascular system.
Every person in his life encountered swelling. For an athlete, such swelling is a big risk and the first “bell” indicating that you need to change the steroid cycle, correct or completely withdraw from it. For example, when taking a steroid cycle, you should not eat foods containing salt. Salt can worsen blood circulation and promote increased hydration.
How to prevent water retention in the body?
We recommend to carefully pick the steroid cycle, and then there will be no problems with water retention. But if the first signs of hydration have appeared, you first need to identify the reasons, and only then proceed to choose methods for their elimination:
- If steroids caused lymphatic stasis, it is sometimes enough to increase physical activity or to go swimming. Regular bike tours, jogging, walking through the forest help to remove excess water. The athlete will have to add more motor activity to his schedule;
- It is necessary to revise the diet and increase the amount of fruits, vegetables, and grains consumed;
- It is necessary to clean the lymph. Often stagnant liquids contribute to toxins and poor oxygen supply. Perform cleaning will help of herbal teas, fresh fruit juices and foods with an excessive content of vitamin C;
- add mineral water to the diet (2 liters per day);
- in getting rid of excess water in the muscles will help drugs that increase diuresis. In the first aid kit of any athlete there should be a set of diuretics. Such are pharmacological preparations, as well as horse chestnut and dandelion infusion;
Choose your steroid cycle